Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ahh... bloggings...

What is a blog? O RLY??? OK. Got it.

I didn't even realize that the last cut was a dance club remix until it was already on the internet. It's not that I didn't care, but I was editing it on the road and at night from Cedar Point and I didn't do the double checking that I should.

I thought the interviews were as poignant as they could be. As I was talking, as I usually do, I try to get to the heart of the relationships that I have with the people I'm talking to. With Dennis, this could have been difficult. He and I have gone through a lot together and it would be easy for either of us to have written each other off. Of all the friends I have, he is the only one that really would have a reason to dismiss me. But, neigh, this is not the case. He's always guaranteed fun and I always enjoy hanging out with him. Even when I stop in where he works, he always drops everything to hang out of a bit. Awesome. He even makes a smoothie for me.

I've had a couple of other conversations recently that were as refreshing. The night we stayed at Cedar Point, My aunt and I got into a discussion regarding the suicide of my Uncle Todd. I was taken back in that there were things that I knew tha she didn't. I suppose that when it happened you're so shocked by the event that you don't bother talking about the details. Then, later, you don't feel like talking about it as it would bring back too many feelings. Now, more than a decade later, perhaps it's more appropriate. However, I'm quite far from figuring that one out.

I've also discovered that those people who are willing to expose their feelings, privately or publicly, I like a lot more.

No inet pics. It's late tonight and I don't feel like it.

DAVE

PS. I love introducing myself as "Dave from The Dave and John Show" and John in the same way. It's my new favorite thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment