Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm actually going to make bloggings!!!

First I would like to APOLOGIZE TO JOHN!!!! Details later...

The problem with computers is the software. Well written software will run fine on computers made 10 years ago. Unfortunately, software is not written to run well. It is written to make money. We had a couple of software problems this week.

The first problem was that I forgot to record the first take of the podcast. Is this a problem that could be solved by software? Yes! Most programs have an option to simply record every single Skype call. This was not an option with our original software. So, we're still looking around the find a better solution.

The second problem? The software that we usually use to record screwed up. I sounded like a deformed chipmunk. Not cool. This is the second time this happened and we decided to scrap the software because of this.

The third problem? The new software that we used to record the software wasn't working right on John's end. It caused a few awkward moments in the podcast where the timing just didn't sound right. At a couple of points it seemed like I assumed that John was Twittering instead of paying attention, but there was just a delay on his end. FOR THIS I APOLOGIZE.

The fourth problem? The program we are using as our flash player is down for some reason. It's usually been a good player, so I'll give it a day or two to get back on track. Their main web page was also down, so I hope they noticed it.

The podcast this week was delayed because of buggy software. As john has a life, (and, in a sense, I am quite jealous) we had to work around his schedule because of the software bugs. We are both committed to the podcast, and we could have recorded it for the third time on Sunday, but neither of us had it in us. I have gained a new level of respect for entertainers that do this for an hour every single day. You really do need a team of writers to pull off what they do.

And, like our president, let me be clear...

I LOVE DOING THIS! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!

If only my mom listened, I would still do this. It is great that some of my good friends listen regularly, and I love keeping in touch with them on the blog. It's really tough being so far away from all the folks that I love and this always lifts my spirits.

Thanks for listening.

love,

DAVE

AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE PICS FROM THE INTERNETS!!!???!!!













1 comment: